Saturday, May 4, 2013

Shabby Watercan

Hi Everyone,
It's Sandy here with today's card.
You might recall that a couple of weeks ago DT Member Louise made a card shaped like a flower.
I was very tempted to do that as well today as it'd fit brilliantly with our theme this week "April Showers Bring May Flowers". However, whilst I was browsing the Silhouette Online Store I came up with another idea...to make a card shaped like a watercan! Luckily I found a great card template and this is how my card turned out: 
I have used papers from Pion Design's new collection Vintage Garden. :-)

Both the 6x6 and 12x12 collections are now available at the store:


 For the shape I used the backside of the "Cut Out sheet", and as you can see a couple of the tickets from this sheet have been added to the front of the card. The Spellbinder's frame I cut out from "Pink Ornament".

This is an ancient Whiff of Joy Stamp called "Willow with Umbrella", so of course I had to include the umbrella charm on my card. It was attached with the Sweet Sage Seam Binding.
Also the sentiment, which I tend to use whenever I use this stamp, is from WOJ.

As per normal procedure, there's a bit of frantage as well on the frame, this is the Shabby Green.
I also frantaged the miniature apples, after I had painted them white with Gesso. One needs to be very careful though and keep turning the apples and not hold the heating tool too close, otherwise they melt.

I also frantaged the pearl string as DT Member Tracy demonstrated in her video tutorial.
If you haven't already seen the video, you must go and check it out here!!!

This is what the backside of the card looks like:

When I started decorating the front of the handle and put the flowers on, I realized that it'd become too heavy, so I had to re-inforce it on the back with some cardstock. I covered the cardstock up with seam binding, and fastened it with roses. Looks pretty cool, don't ya think?!

Thanks for stopping by today. Please visit us again tomorrow when it's Louise's turn to bring you some inspiration.

Hugz, Sandy

7 comments:

  1. Wow!! This is such a beautiful creation!!
    Hugs, Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Cool! Definitely an original and absolutely gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally awesome and yes, I do think it is just beatiful and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how cute is that?! These papers are starting to look like an absolute must!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! This is just stunning and so creative. Love it!
    Jasmina

    ReplyDelete
  6. A marvelous creation Sandra, brilliant xx

    ReplyDelete