Saturday, April 6, 2013

Boy Bellies

Hi Everyone and a very Happy Saturday to ya' all!
It's Sandy here, bringing you -hopefully- some Saturday inspiration.

 As you know this week's theme is to create a ~birthday~ card for a child.
So far, with the exception of Tina's card on Tuesday, we have seen only cards for girls, so I thought I'd try to balance it out a bit, and since my Godson's 7th birthday is coming up in May, I decided to make his card. Gosh; it'd seem I'm very organized...well let's not talk about all the birthdays I've missed so far already this year... LOL
 
I don't know where I've been, probably packing some orders or busy sourcing some new goodies for the store, since I've completely missed out on the stars trend and learned from Elin's post on Thursday that stars are the hottest thing at the moment. :-) As you can see, I've taken Elin's word for it...
 The star border and the grungy star frame I cut out with my Cameo, and the papers I've used are of course from Maja Design's Vintage Spring Basics Collection, though the star patterned paper is from Life by the Sea.

Now; decorating cards for small girls is easy...most of them like all things pretty: pink & purple and hearts & pearls & lace & flowers, very much like the LLC DT Members, I'd say, but for boys and males in general...ohhhh that's harder. Luckily I have just gotten these new cool bellies from Prima in stock:
 

There's another hot trend though I haven't missed out on, and I'm sure you haven't either, as much as you've seen the LLC DT Members using it lately. Yup; of course I'm referring to embossing with the Stampendous Fran-táge Embossing Enamels.
 I now have the following colours in stock:

We'll have a Fran-táge embossing tutorial by Tracy coming up soon, so stay tuned...

On this card I used the Shabby Blue and also another shabby fave product of mine, snow-tex.
Did you notice the brown kraft paper bag? This is yet another new product that has just arrived and we have Becky to thank for it; she uses these mini bags a lot and was the one who tipped me off.
The mini paper bags from Canvas Corp. are available in white and kraft.

While I'm at it, here are some new GORGEOUS flowers from Prima that also just arrived.

 Chantelle Medallion
Paquita White
Can't wait to use these!!!

That's it from me today, please stop by tomorrow when Louise will bring you some lovely inspiration.

Hugz,
Sandy


5 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Sandy, He's mega cute, and I love the star border!
    Love, Mel. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I'm a Norwegian scrap addict living in Buckingham wondering if you have a shop as well or just on line shopping. Love you blog btw. I don't make many cards anymore, ut I might join your chalenge with a LO
    Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hej Tone Lill,
      Kul att du gillar det vi gör. Nej, tyvärr har jag ingen fysisk butik, jag säljer endast online. Du är så välkommen att vara med i vår utmaning; vi är så att säga allätare…kort, LOs, altrat, allt är tillåtet så länge det följer temat! :-) Hoppas du får en fin helg! /Sandy

      Delete
  3. A lovely card for your godson! I love Maja Designs papers, and your choice of star embellishments works so well with a male design. I also like the letters you've used for this card - really decorative and also makes your card so much more personal - a nice detail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful card - the papers are just delicious, and the frantage looks amazing on the Roman numerals! Think I'm going to have to get some of those scrabble tiles too - you're a terrible tempter!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete