Thursday, January 31, 2013

For Mother's Day

Hey hey heeey ;o)
It's Thursday, my turn to bring you some inspiration and we're closing in on Mother's Day... 
 On the second Sunday in February we are celebrating our beloved mums here in Norway, and this year the day has fallen on the 10th of February.

I have decorated a cup for my mum along with a card. Since Sandra has filled up her store with gorgeous charms lately, what better way to show them off then with two projects?!!!
 For details on what materials I have used, please check the thumbnail pictures on the bottom of this post.

First up is my card, and I'm warning you already; this will be a picture-heavy post. :-)
My card-base is as always a paperbag, decorated with lovely Pion Design papers this time.
I had to get the clock die from Marianne Design, and it's being used on almost every project these days...
Roses and butterflies are never wrong, and this adorable Heart with wings charm is yummy!
And I love these bark hearts too!
And now over to the cup...
In Norway we call this "Termokopp" which in practice means that it keeps warm drinks warm and cold drinks cold. I found this idea and cup trough a Norwegian blogger and had to try it!


It came with a recipe or a template on how large one should make the innerpiece, which is between the glass and the cup. Before I put it in, it looked like this:
Since the space is rather small I tried to keep it as thin as possible.
But I had to squeeze in this lovely charm:
Other than that, it is recommendable to keep it as flat as possible. I used a couple of butterflies which I covered with loads of glitter:
Have you seen enough pictures now? :-)
Hehe.. It was a fun project though, so you might get to see more cups from me in the future.
And now on to the lovely list of products!
Thank you for stopping by today, and please come back for another charming project tomorrow.

Hugs & Kisses
Elin

3 comments:

  1. A gorgeous project. The attention to detail is outstanding. hugs Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Pion papers are really gorgeous, and my word you've used them to perfection here with both projects! The card is simply sensational, and I'm sure your mother will treasure it and her cup.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, Elin! Gorgeous colors, details an dI love the coffee mug! Hugs, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete